Joining Communities has provided a Community based service since October 2010. We pride ourselves on our mission, which is ‘Provide a link between communities and local services to enrich lives’.
We do this by:
- Helping you look for work, learn jobsearch activities including CV writing and the new digital skills you need to move into employment
- Training course and workshops to prepare the unemployed for the workplace
- Helping you to build self confidence through classroom based workshops and coaching & mentoring
- Providing ‘online courses’, for those who prefer eLearning, to help you learn the new skills you want.
- Providing a room hire service for your community group or organisation to deliver your project, hold meetings or training sessions.
We will help you to build your self confidence to find the work or learning you want
As an organisation creating a social impact, our activities are financed through a range of funding streams of learning & employment contracts for example, Community Learning, UK Online (DWP & BIS) and the local college. Through these activities we continue to do what we do so well.
In August 2012 we became a Star Partner with UnLtd the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK. Additionally the directors of Joining Communities are mentors for other social entrepreneurs within the UnLtd network.
Joining Communities is also a member of the Wigan Social Enterprise Sector Network.
We actively support local community and voluntary organisations, including social enterprises and together we build a stronger community.
To grow a Social Enterprise creating a social impact in our community where local people have the confidence to ask important questions and be heard also where they will be supported to reach their goals.
Provide a link between communities and local services to enrich lives.